Monday, November 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

Well, This past weekend really was amazing. First, I really didn't want to go to church, I had a headache and honestly, I was just like, blah forget it. Then we ended up going to church and it was amazing. I mean, I totally felt the spirit and of course, I felt like the pastor was talking directly to me.

The message was No More Excuses. I felt so guilty, for the past 2 or 3 Sundays I have had ever single excuse in the book for why I haven't wanted to attend church. I don't know, one Sunday turns into 2, etc. etc. I felt singled out. It was my own spirit, owning up to my sins. I led a prayer and sang and I just felt so redeemed... Like i was welcomed back home.

I was thinking about my life. I make excuses in a lot of aspects in my life. I don't want to, and I don't even need to, but it happens. And I am honestly tired of it. So, starting today, I am just going to do things I know need to be done. No excuses. I don't expect to change over night but I know I can do better than what I am doing.

I have pledged to my husband that we won't miss church for four Sundays straight and that we will pay our tithes every pay period. I just... I don't want me or my family looked upon as flakes, not by our church members and more importantly not by God.

This week my goal is to clean our house really good and get perfect this dinner. I'm making turkey dressing, broccoli rice casserole, and a sweet potato casserole. Mike is frying us a 14 lb turkey at his dad's house. We're eating at his parents house, and keeping our food for yummy leftovers lol. It's going to be fun, my first time cooking a Thanksgiving meal. I can't wait until Christmas. I am making 2 red velvet cakes from scratch and a red velvet cheesecake for my husband. One of the cakes is for my mom's birthday. We're also having ham, prob. more dressing, and some macaroni and cheese. I love this time of year!

Why wait on New Year's to change when I can do it right now? Cheers to a better me.

2 comments:

  1. I felt so guilty, for the past 2 or 3 Sundays I have had ever single excuse in the book for why I haven't wanted to attend church. I don't know, one Sunday turns into 2, etc. etc. I felt singled out. It was my own spirit, owning up to my sins. <----The story of my past month! Im headn back ASAP (Ifeel the Devil movn!!) *ps... I loooove Fried Turkey!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never had fried turkey before I met Mike... I was like, wtf until I tasted it and it was on from there lol...
    The church thing was complicated. I really felt like my spirit was being really negative towards the church and that is so unlike me. I hadn't been praying though and who knows what kind of negative energy was trying to work it's way into my life. I'm just glad God gives second(and third and fourth) chances!

    ReplyDelete