Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm changing...

A few months ago if someone had asked me what I want for Christmas, I would have said a baby. Now, if someone asks me, I'm going to say an internship. I applied for one that I am really excited about, and I am praying that I get it. I need it to boost my resume' and I need the experience to boost my knowledge of being in a classroom setting and making lesson plans, etc. I am so excited and nervous, I really hope I get it.

I told Mike last night that I think this is why we haven't gotten pregnant. I barely have time now for anything extra  and another child right now would mean no time, period. It hurts me, trust me, but I have to go where God is leading me. I believe in my heart, it hasn't happened in all this time, if/when it does, it'll be meant to be. And that's that.

For right now, I'm praying for this opportunity and more like it. I signed up for Volunteer MidSouth and I have a volunteer gig coming up in about two weeks, very excited about that as well. I want my resume to be impressive but I also want the experience. I need to get out there, get my name out there and do more than I talk about doing.

I am changing and so are my views and goals. I'm excited about that.

3 comments:

  1. You can get anywhere you set your heart on. I sense too much faith in yourself, and God will grant you the desires of your heart. Go get whatever you you feel is yours - being in that classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm attending college for my MSW and I'm interning this year at non-profit that works with kids in the foster homes. I will be graduating this coming May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maua: Thank you so much for the encouraging words!

    @Diana: My name is Diana too lol... congrats on your upcoming graduation!

    ReplyDelete