Saturday, November 27, 2010

Growing

Thanksgiving was nice, but I missed my family. The strange thing about being married is there are two families to please. All of my extended family lives out of town so they tend to get the short end of the stick. Part of me doesn't mind too much though b/c I am not close with any of my extended family. We rarely talk and if we do talk it's because I called. Such is life.

All of the food I made turned out delicious. The sweet potato casserole was a rival to my grandmother's and my dressing was better than my mother in law's this year. My homemade gravy kicked butt and honestly, I was just so proud everything turned out good I just can't stop smiling about it lol.

Today, I have a lot to do because we have been resting all this vacation. I am deep cleaning the front room and the kitchen, and then I am putting up the Christmas tree. I am excited about that, I really love this time of year. I am working on building Amaya's character though, focusing more on giving than receiving and the reason for this Holiday. I am very impressed with her. She picked out the toys for the baby girl we adopted off of the Angel Tree and she never once fussed about giving them away or anything. I love my daughter, she is the most mature four year old I have ever met.

I have been focusing on growth within myself. Letting go of my shortcomings and focusing on my success. I am doing so well this semester in school but I am going to strive to do better. Instead of B's why not all A's. I read in a book that every person is responsible for their standard of excellence.

After the negative comments I received, I am hesitant to speak about this on here but I am going to do it anyway because this is my blog and no one will ever have me scared or nervous about posting anything. I am still trying to have a baby but I'm not stressing about it as much. I have been reading stories about adoption that touch my heart but I am just unwilling to give up on having another baby naturally. In January, Mike and I plan on starting a vitamin regime and we're getting these pills from GNC that have really good reviews for boosting sperm count, etc. etc. We'll see how it goes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment